Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Does This Sound Right?

Live Life on Purpose

Just before falling asleep last night, I was reading the book Live Life on Purpose, by Claude Hickman.  It was my second time through the book.  And then my eyes sped across a sentence...then backed up and read it again slowly...and then one more time very very slowly, trying to make some kind of sense of it...

"There are 600 churches and 460,000 Christians for every one unreached people group."  

Those words just stood off the page as if on fire.  I made an audible, "WHAT?!"  I was overcome with disbelief.  Really??  The fact began to sink into my heart like a knife piercing through layers and layers.  REALLY???  Do those numbers make any bit of sense?  Does that sound right??

All I could do was close the book, turn off the light and cry.  I cried myself to sleep, praying, "Oh, God, forgive us!  Forgive ME!"

I don't even have words to say this morning, except to simply put those numbers here in my journal...to read them and reread them until it reaches my feet and hands and whole being.

No comments:

Post a Comment